The Crimmins Law Firm was established in 2016. Prior to that time, the firm was previously known as Bennett, Crimmins & Livingston and had been located at 704 Central Avenue since 1979. The predecessor firm was founded by the late Herbert R. Bennett, who began practicing law in 1948 and eventually joined the late Paul McCarville as a partner in a law practice. After Paul McCarville's death in 1979, Herb Bennett, who may have been better known as a community leader in the Fort Dodge area, continued to practice law for more than 50 years. In 1987, Mark R. Crimmins joined the firm that now bears his name.
The firm is proud to serve many of the same clients that Herb Bennett worked with in the 1960's and 1970's and credits these long-term relationships to its hard work, compassion, and integrity. Today, the firm continues to provide a variety of legal services to clients in the Fort Dodge area and throughout Iowa.
We are located in downtown Fort Dodge on the corner of First Avenue North and North Seventh Street.
The building in which our office is situated was previously the manufacturing plant of Mulroney Manufacturing Company, in the early part of the 20th century. After extensive renovation work by Leo Stucky throughout the building, the Crimmins & Kehm Law Firm moved into the offices on the first floor of the building.
Many of the walls in the office display pictures of the 20th century manufacturing operation. Also, in addition to many of the building's architectural features, the original walk-in safe that was used by Mulroney Manufacturing remains intact and is preserved in the office.